Friday 31 January 2014

I'm Back



Hello lovelies, or anyone that is still reading since I haven't done a post in over 2 months!! Apologies but I needed a little break from taking my outfit photos, from taking photos of my food before I eat it, from life in general really. I had a minor health scare (all good now) and my father is very ill which has and continues to knock me for six. So I just spent some time close to home doing not too much at all. I don't think I've really spoken of my father's illness as I try to keep it light on here but he has dementia and has no idea who I am anymore. At 63 he's far too young and the sadness of seeing him vanish into dementia has been heartbreaking for me and my family. The loss of love has been unbearable, I was his favourite person, and he mine, we were extremely close and I miss him everyday. I'm often scared I can't remember what he used to be like - his laugh, the sound of his voice, his smell, so I've adored spending time with mum, drinking wine, cooking food I don't photograph (although there has been the odd instagram snap...I can't help myself), crying, laughing and talking about how he used to be. Anyway, I'm back and I promise to post more regularly.

So anyways, above is a photo I used to enter the recent Red Magazine Denim Challenge with the hope to win two pairs of jeans for me and a friend at Selfridges Denim Studio. Was my first foray into boyfriend jeans - wasn't sure how they'd go with my short legs - but my friend pushed me into the purchase and at $39 on sale at Zara I wasn't too concerned if they didn't see light of day.

Zara Top | Zara Boyfriend Jeans | J Crew Everly Heels | Vintage clutch
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Carla I am so sorry to hear this...my grandmother had bouts too and it was very hard on everyone...wishing you and your family strength and happiness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noami. Yes it's the most horrible disease, one that is particularly hard on families. Hope you're well. I'm shooting over to your blog now to check out how your renovations and decorating is going x

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that about your father - it must be so hard to have a physical person there but not the soul and spirit of who he was. Just enjoy your time with him and with your mother - that's important.

    I found your blog via your Instagram entry actually and loved your style. Btw, I do boyfriend jeans all the time and personally I think you look lovely in them - I have a feeling you will be wearing them a lot more than you anticipated. Lovely look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Just visited your blog - you have fab style and I'm now following via Bloglovin! I see you live in the north of England. I was born in Leeds but have been living in Australia for almost 25 years. I still have family in Leeds so try to visit as often as I can x

      Delete
  3. That is so very, very tough Carla. As you know I am a new Mummy & I only hope my sweet little boy loves me a fraction of how much you love your Dad.

    I hope Laura picks you as the winner, both looks were fab, but my favourite is the one above. Until I can shop for normal clothes I will carry on doing so vicariously through you.

    Sending you a massive hug. Sherrie x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie! How is motherhood going? I imagine it's extremely difficult at times but also very rewarding. He's just a beautiful little boy. Enjoy it xx

      Delete
  4. Carla, how utterly heartbreaking for you... It must be so devastating to witness this! My father is just starting to go downhill, but he's 82, so it's somewhat easier to accept, though very hard for my mother as his main caregiver.
    Sending you big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, yes it has been really hard for us but it's difficult for everyone at whatever age it strikes our loved ones. Thinking of you and your family also xx

      Delete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig